AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Which Turion Enable Laptop to Buy?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/09/2006 01:01 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/09/2006 01:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
muisca

Hi, I want to buy a Laptop and I am really interested in AMD, I read Turion is the best option today, I just search for offers of Turion 64 and Turion 64 X2 laptops, but I am really confuse about what is the better and safe option, because I read too, about several wors cases of instalation. I plan to use this laptop to work and personal work and fun, But I'm worried about If the model i select (Acer, HP, ....), Will let me install and use without problems some Suse 10.1 and Windows XP Prof.

Do you know if is better wait for now, and not buy, or other solution?

Thanks a lot for your help.

12/09/2006 01:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
F15HP

quote:

Originally posted by: muisca
Hi, I want to buy a Laptop and I am really interested in AMD, I read Turion is the best option today, I just search for offers of Turion 64 and Turion 64 X2 laptops, but I am really confuse about what is the better and safe option, because I read too, about several wors cases of instalation. I plan to use this laptop to work and personal work and fun, But I'm worried about If the model i select (Acer, HP, ....), Will let me install and use without problems some Suse 10.1 and Windows XP Prof.

Do you know if is better wait for now, and not buy, or other solution?

Thanks a lot for your help.

The Turion X2 is the best you can get, but the cpu will depend in what you are going to do with the computer. You can take a look at the Hp / Compaq computers that are at a good price. HP is way better than Acer even though some hp customers have been having some problems. But not all computers are perfect. Also if you like Dell, they are selling AMD based laptops.

To Buy know or wait it is a though decision. Because you can get a good deal know, but down the road in one or two month you find a way better one.

-------------------------
<br>HP DV2125nr AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 4GB RAM, 120GB 5400 rpm HD, NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 128MB
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information