Increase font size
Topic Title: Those who use their laptops for gaming
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/05/2006 08:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/05/2006 08:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
b.robinson

I have a HP Pavillion zv6000
Athlon64 3800+
1gb ram (soon to be doubled)
ATI Radeon x200M

I am not a fanatical gamer by any means but even when running simple games i seem to get a lot of heat.
During Duke Nukem 3D even after just a few minutes the temperature was up to 50*C. Now i wouldnt have thought games like duke nukem etc would have required that much power to run them, but either way im getting some high heat output.

How do people deal with this heat? I know there are mats etc with built in fans but do these really do much good? Ive always seen them as a bit of a gimic. My room is not hot, i always have windows open etc and the laptop is raised an inch from the surface so there is plenty of air circulaton.
Are there any other ways of keeping laptops cool under load?

Thankyou.
 08/05/2006 10:51 PM

Author Icon
F15HP

quote:

Originally posted by: b.robinson
I have a HP Pavillion zv6000
Athlon64 3800+
1gb ram (soon to be doubled)
ATI Radeon x200M

I am not a fanatical gamer by any means but even when running simple games i seem to get a lot of heat.
During Duke Nukem 3D even after just a few minutes the temperature was up to 50*C. Now i wouldnt have thought games like duke nukem etc would have required that much power to run them, but either way im getting some high heat output.

How do people deal with this heat? I know there are mats etc with built in fans but do these really do much good? Ive always seen them as a bit of a gimic. My room is not hot, i always have windows open etc and the laptop is raised an inch from the surface so there is plenty of air circulaton.
Are there any other ways of keeping laptops cool under load?

Thankyou.

Using the cooling pad is the most comom and easy way to keep the system cool.

-------------------------
<br>HP DV2125nr AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 4GB RAM, 120GB 5400 rpm HD, NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 128MB
 08/07/2006 11:52 AM

Author Icon
b.robinson

Fair play. The fans just look a bit randomly placed but if they help then its got to be worth the money.
Thanks buddy.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information