Increase font size
Topic Title: atapi + bios fatal crash
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/17/2006 05:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/17/2006 05:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bork

Hello,

Today I was trying to remotely use linux from my school through Xwin32 SSH client. In the process I got the blue screen of death, (WINXP) :

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR , with atapi.sys as the only file being mentioned. I restarted, but the problem would persist even in safe mode, so I did a complete format of the partition in NTFS format and re-installed windows. After an hour or so, the screen came up again...

I restarted, entered a bios, looked through the options and exited DISCARDING ANY CHANGES. Next, my system would not get past the very first screen ("press F2 for BIOS, ESC to change boot order, F10 to boot from LAN"). I could not enter BIOS, and could only press ESC which led me to the screen where it said among other things that BIOS and VIDEO are shadowed, but for "BIOS VERSION" it said "KT3R T3A71 T3A"... otherwise everything froze before the screen would even go away

Does anybody have any idea of what can I do from this point on? I initially thought the problem is the hard drive, but then why would bios not load..

I would really appreciate any help on what can I do, and how can I recover any data from the hard drive given it is a laptop computer, COMPAQ AMD processor. Big chunks of my university projects are there, plus everything else from resume to photos

Thank you in advance for any help!!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information