Increase font size
Topic Title: XP-Mobile and locked PCI/AGP dividers
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/05/2004 07:37 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/05/2004 07:37 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
fbomba6

Recently I installed a new motherboard (Aopen AK77-600 Max based on VIA KT600) and the excellent XP-mobile 2400+ processor (AXMH2400FQQ4C). The unlocked multiplier and adjustable vCore are incredibly cool to play with, and CrytalCPUID PowerNow real-time throttling in Windows is really great!

Unfortunately I have some problems with FSB dividers.

Mobo BIOS does not recognize the CPU ("Unknown CPU type") and sets it at 6 x 100, which is common as far as I read in other posts. I can freely set FSB and multipliers, both within BIOS and Windows. My motherboard never changes PCI/AGP dividers that stay locked at 1/3 and 2/3!

In other words, if I try to set 133 Mhz FSB (factory specifications of XP-M 2400+) the PC does not boot because of PCI bus set at 44 Mhz.

On AK77-600 Max there's a "K7 host clock" jumper which has two possibile values: "auto detect" and "100 Mhz". None changes the board behaviour. My BIOS revision is R1.08 and I have two 512 Mb DDR400 RAM modules; the board uses a Cypress W312-02H clock generator.

Do you know of any hack or trick to solve this situation?

Thank you and bye from Italy
FB6
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information