Increase font size
Topic Title: Installing FreeBSD on XP-M 3000+
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/20/2004 11:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/20/2004 11:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
neshort

Does anybody know if the AMD XP-M 3000+ processor is supported on FreeBSD yet?

When I try to boot my new HP Pavilion ZV5000Z, the kernel loads but at the point when the devices should be being detected the computer abruptly powers down. I have tried both FreeBSD 5.2.1 and FreeBSD 4.10 install CDs and the behavior is the same.

I am seing this issue scattered around the help lists, both with the XP-M and the XP-64.

If it's in development with the FreeBSD guys, well I'll try to wait it out. If it's just that XP-M is going to run Windows and that's all, I may be looking for alternative equipment.
 06/28/2004 05:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Daemon

I've successfully installed FreeBSD 5.2.1 on my Asus A2D with Athlon XP-M 3000+.
So, maybe your problem isn't in the AXP-M 3000+, but on something else. Have you
tried to poke with FreeBSD kernel configuration, e.g. to disable the probe of some
devices at installation disk boot time?
An additional note: if you will succeed on installing FreeBSD 5.2.1 and will see, that
it cannot assign port to acpi_ec0, try upgrading to FreeBSD5-CURRENT from CVS.
It helped me.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information