Increase font size
Topic Title: Solutions to M6805 ?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/27/2004 11:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/27/2004 11:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
martimus

Is there any solutions to the 6805/6807/6909 problem running at only 800mhz when on batteries in XP.

I tried installing win2k powernow...but tab does not show up (service is still running).(powernowver3.04) If this works for you in winxp can you dump me the registry setting for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\PowerNow!

I tried using SpeedSwitchXP....does not seem to work either.

Clockgen does not work... no idea why..(after trying to set voltage/multiplier clocks section freezes)

Any more ideas ?

Cheers

Mart

PS: (Clean XP Install/SP1 updated)

07/23/2004 11:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zlatanov

As far as I know the PowerNow installation in W2000 mode solves the 800MGHz-on-battery problem only for the M6805 but NOT on the M6809.
For the M6809 I have read that the only way to go is to get the latest BIOS but for SOME people even this doesn't seem to work. For others, however, updating the BIOS gets the job done.
Try calling eMachines tech support although this is more of a lst-resort solution for they seem to have no solution for now. But anyway you might want to call them.
Good luck on this one.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information