Increase font size
Topic Title: I want to open laptop to change bios battery
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/27/2007 09:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/27/2007 09:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
rapattack

Hi I scored this laptop and it is possible the only thing wrong with it is a cmos battery change but I have never been good at opening laptops. This is a TIME 162NE13GB2B and the model is 2000. I was able to get the screws out of the bottom but nothing seems to budge.
 01/28/2007 12:41 AM

Author Icon
mtrupi

quote:

Originally posted by: Rap Attack
Hi I scored this laptop and it is possible the only thing wrong with it is a cmos battery change but I have never been good at opening laptops. This is a TIME 162NE13GB2B and the model is 2000. I was able to get the screws out of the bottom but nothing seems to budge.

Disassemble everything easily serviceable. Keyboards usually have tabs which make them removable. There's a good chance the BIOS battery is under one of these places. You are likely to break the case if you have never opened this before. There will be interlocking hidden tabs to pry and hold apart as you go around the perimeter.
 01/28/2007 12:31 PM

Author Icon
rapattack

quote:

Originally posted by: mtrupi
Disassemble everything easily serviceable. Keyboards usually have tabs which make them removable. There's a good chance the BIOS battery is under one of these places. You are likely to break the case if you have never opened this before. There will be interlocking hidden tabs to pry and hold apart as you go around the perimeter.

MMMMmmm thanks but I give up. I will send it off to a friend that is a retired IT professional as I can't seem to get very far. I have just never seen how it is done and this poor old laptop could break with my clumsiness. I thought it was a bios problem because the time is not correct when I boot into windows and I have seen this a lot with desktops.So when i change the time in the bios and reboot it is ok for that session but the next time I turn it on the date is old again and not the new date that I set in the bios. I think there was some other things that I had to deal with too but I think they were just windoze problems and I intend to install Linux on it to give to someone that can't afford a new computer. I really am stumped when it comes to dealing with laptops. Thanks!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information