Increase font size
Topic Title: SP2 still killing my m6805 ever after bios flash
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/24/2004 05:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/24/2004 05:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
janko10

Well, I flashed to the m6811 bios and it's a little better, shuts down now. But now I can't use it when on battery. When it's plugged in, it works fine. When I go to battery, everything slows to a crawl.

-I've checked the cpu speed with cpuid, it still says 1800 mhz so it's not dropping to 800mhz.
-I've tried to install the AMD CPU driver, that causes the system to BSOD on boot and I have to roll back to a restore point (on a freshly formatted system)
-I've tried to install Power Now!, the one for XP, and it tells me it cannot install because this version of Windows is no supported (even re-downloaded it to make sure I had the right one).
-I don't have any programs running (or in startup), so it's not a general system slowdown (I mean it takes like 10 seconds to open anything, redraw the screen, scroll, click the pointer, etc...
-I defragged and ran bootvis just for the sake of arguement.
-Updated every possible driver I could (I CANNOT get the ATI Cats to install, they tell me there is no valid hardware to install, so I had to install the Omega's, which seem to work ok, and I have them set for High Perfomance when plugged in and on battery)
-No Viruses or spyware.
-Runs slow with or without Wireless enabled, so that's not slowing it down.
-I've tried every setting in power managment that I can think of (always on, laptop, etc...)

I honestly can't think of anything else
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information