AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: "S/C:ABCDEFGHIJ" on Compaq motherboard
Topic Summary: What does the alphabet sticker mean on Compaq motherboards?
Created On: 02/09/2008 12:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/09/2008 12:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Riick

I have a Compaq Presario R3410US. I've been trying to buy a used motherboard online (part # 370494-001), but I ran into a problem: THERE SEEM TO BE INFINITELY MANY VERSIONS OF THE 370494-001! They vary as to what componants are included and as to what performace those componants have. I've even heard rumors that some versions of the 370494-001 may not even provide full support to my processor! So... I'm hoping there might be some label on the motherboard that would allow me to instantly know what componants and features it has before I buy it. Thus my question: there is a sticker on the motherboard that says S/C:ABCDEFGHIJ. Some of the letters are crossed out, and some are not. I'm hoping this somehow corresponds to what features the motherboard has. Anyone know?

(And of course, my other question is... if that sticker doesn't specify compatibility, is there some other label that does?)

Thanks!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information