Topic Title: AMD TURION X2 ZM-82 (2200 MHZ) 64 BIT - OVERHEATING
Topic Summary: OVERHEATING AND POOR BATTERY LIFE IN HP PAVILION dv5-1050ee
Created On: 04/25/2009 07:19 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/25/2010 05:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
weinter
Deprecated

Speckled Screen could indicate GPU Fault.

-------------------------
Acer Aspire 4530
AMD Turion X2 2.1GHZ RM-72 1MB L2 Cache
4GB DDR2 667MHZ
NVIDIA 9100M G
320GB WD BEKT
http://aspiregemstone.blogspot.com/
 07/06/2010 10:25 PM

Author Icon
jaypugh
Lurker

I have almost the same laptop (HP DV5Z-100 with 4GB, Win7) and almost the same exact problem. I'm new to laptop hardware. I've built tons of regular PCs but to be honest I've never had to troubleshoot heat issues. This thing got hot enough that I bought a laptop stand (piece of metal basically) to give my legs some protection because I'm a paraplegic. I did this after it burned me bad enough to leave a blister once.. Of course HP said, "we don't call it a LAPtop. It's a NOTEBOOK. It isn't designed to set on your lap....." I understand but it is a bit frustrating.

At CPU load of only 10% or so I watch the CPU temp hover around 70 to 80C. The bad thing is when you close the lid and leave it going for a while you would expect it to get cooler but when you come back and lift the lid the keys are hot. Not too hot to use but uncomfortable hot. I've had to use it for work but no one else in my house will use it unless it is their last option. I like everything else about the laptop but the heat and of course the battery life.

I turned this into HP originally and they said it had a loose heatsink. I thought it would fix it for good but I don't know if it did anything. My warranty ran out so I'm on my own at this point. If someone can help I'll be glad to load pics to a site. I haven't seen my laptop go to 95C but I haven't watched the temp for long. I just know it has been very hot. My house stays fairly warm due to the wife (around 79F during the summer) but none of my other PCs have an issue at all.
 08/26/2010 07:55 PM

Author Icon
Squirrel_777
Lurker

Hello You All,

I can assume that, as some ancient laptop series from HP, the main problem is the overheating of the system, mainly because it´s not well conceived and everything can and sometimes will cause problems in the graphics, mb, etc.
My advice, as i´ve had an HP as well, just don´t buy it, simple as that.

Best Regards

-------------------------
amd...what else...?
 08/28/2010 03:12 PM

Author Icon
jaypugh
Lurker

Hmm.. I appreciate the reply but it doesn't really help anyone who already owns one of the HP laptops.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information