AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Windows Vista in AMd Turion 64 X2 dual core not working !! HELP ASAP !!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/29/2009 03:00 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/29/2009 03:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stevenguyen

Hi.

I recently bought a laptop 2 days ago from the date this is set. I bought the acer aspire 5520G with specs :

Amd Turion 64 X2 DUEL CORE MOBILE TL-62 (2.1GHZ, 2X512KB L2 CACHE )
250 GB HDD
4GB RAM DDR2
NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600M GS 512 dedicated and 1000MB SHARED VIDEO RAM

I recently bought this and installed Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne and Counter Strike Source. While i was playing these games i had A VERY LOW FPS !. The FPS in warcraft Frozen throne was 20 and in Counter Strike Source i get an FPS of 8 !. From some installments it says that only 1 core is working and 1 is not. I bought this laptop to play simple games like Counter Strike Source and The Frozen Throne and yet it cannot play it smoothly while people with the similar or same can play Crysis on normal settings ! . I am running on Vista Home Premium and yet the OS doesnt recognise my Amd Turion 64 X2 DUEL CORE MOBILE TL-62.

I have done the msconfig advanced and yet it still doesnt recognise the dual core processor !

This laptop also has a very high CPU usage. When i am browsing on mozzilla and talking on msn the cpu usage is always at 75% and normally at 90-100%. I do not know why this is happening and makes this laptop barely able to run anything smoothly.

Also how do i recognise if it is a dual core processor ?

If anyone could help me please ! ~! ASAP

Edited: 04/29/2009 at 03:27 AM by stevenguyen
 04/30/2009 06:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
weinter
Deprecated

OK What I suggest is to go Control Panel Device Manager, uninstall the Processor and let system autodetect itself this should solve the 1 Core Processor Problem
Perharps when Acer did the factory image they did it on a Single Core Processor so it will refuse to recognise a Dual Core Processor when the identical image is copied to your disk.

To boost your gaming performance update the nvidia drivers and DirectX
My blogs have some info on that as I am also using a AMD Processor, Nvidia Graphics Setup.

-------------------------
Acer Aspire 4530
AMD Turion X2 2.1GHZ RM-72 1MB L2 Cache
4GB DDR2 667MHZ
NVIDIA 9100M G
320GB WD BEKT
http://aspiregemstone.blogspot.com/
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information