Increase font size
Topic Title: Looking for "AMD Athlon(tm) Processor L110" specs
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/10/2009 09:32 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
Answer This question was answered by vgivanovic, on Thursday, July 16, 2009 6:24 PM

Answer:
Thanks for the info.

It seems that there's a little confusion about the processor's name. AMD calls it a Sempron. Gateway/Acer calls it an Athlon. I'll see what Gateway/Acer has to say.

BTW, performance doesn't suck, at least for my use: mail, web browsing, document generation, etc. I don't plan to install Photoshop, for instance, and I am not going to do much (if any) development on it. It is as fast as my 2xPIII (1GHz), 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD server, albeit that my server is vintage 2002. I'm quite happy with it.
 07/10/2009 09:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
vgivanovic

I'm using a (very nice) Gateway LT3103u netbook, and Vista lists its processor as "AMD Athlon(tm) Processor L110, 1.2 GHz".

Where can I find the specifications for this processor? I've searched AMD worldwide for must-contain("athlon") and must-contain("L110"); nothing comes up.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--- Vladimir
 07/16/2009 06:11 PM

Author Icon
hramrach

This is what I got by email support:

At this time AMD does not have any publicly available information in regards to the Sempron L110 as it is proprietary to the laptop manufacturer(s) that the processor is in. Requests for specifications of this processor should be addressed to the laptop manufacturer as they may vary from model to model.

Given that they call the CPU Sempron it likely sucks at both performance (as can be guessed from the small cache size published on the gateway site already) and included features.
 07/16/2009 06:24 PM

Author Icon
vgivanovic

Answer Answer
Thanks for the info.

It seems that there's a little confusion about the processor's name. AMD calls it a Sempron. Gateway/Acer calls it an Athlon. I'll see what Gateway/Acer has to say.

BTW, performance doesn't suck, at least for my use: mail, web browsing, document generation, etc. I don't plan to install Photoshop, for instance, and I am not going to do much (if any) development on it. It is as fast as my 2xPIII (1GHz), 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD server, albeit that my server is vintage 2002. I'm quite happy with it.
 08/03/2009 01:40 AM

Author Icon
otep_0626
Lurker

hi there so how about the battery usage? im planning to buy this netbook. do you mind to post a cpuz screenshot? how many cpu multiplier/p-states does it have? i mean when idle what is the processors clock frequency?

-------------------------
Gateway EC13N01i
Athlon II Neo x2 Mobility Radeon 4225
NB 785gx SB 850 2gb DDR3
 08/03/2009 01:19 PM

Author Icon
vgivanovic

Originally posted by: otep_0626

hi there so how about the battery usage? im planning to buy this netbook. do you mind to post a cpuz screenshot? how many cpu multiplier/p-states does it have? i mean when idle what is the processors clock frequency?

Battery life is good. Right now I'm running the Performance Profile and the battery widget indicates 94% capacity and 3h09m left. Balanced or Power Save obviously will give you longer battery times.

I don't know what p-states are. Here's the CPU-Z info.

--- Vladimir
 08/04/2009 12:42 AM

Author Icon
otep_0626
Lurker

how about the idle cpu frequency? may i ask for a snapshot? thanks. the one you posted was at full 1.2ghz how about at idle? or you may set your power profile to power saver then give a printsreen on the cpuz. thanks thanks in advance.

-------------------------
Gateway EC13N01i
Athlon II Neo x2 Mobility Radeon 4225
NB 785gx SB 850 2gb DDR3
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information