Topic Title: L310 and tl-56?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/02/2010 07:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/09/2012 04:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
binarysum1
Lurker

Thank you I hope it helped others as much as I was helped by the info on this forum. I also didn't mean to highjack the thread; in fact, back when I posted, I thought highjacking only applied to transportation, so a lot of thanks to "thejonbell" for starting the thread.

Sorry that I didn't keep-up w/the posts, but I used all of the great input on this site to happily & successfully upgrade a 'big-box store' Acer5538 from its L310 cpu to the TL68 & go on my way; nonetheless, I'm still very grateful & an AMD fan!

The TL-68 in my Acer is still running fast & cool, w/pwr. mgmt. (thx for posting that "PV9685"--I'm sorry that I left that out); also, the Win.7-Pro/32-bit 1300 score is still holding.

By now, this tech & the upgrade are probably old news & may seem insignificant to most, but I really appreciate all of the great input that I got here & still can't help smiling everyday (2+years later) when I turn-on the Acer. When not acting as a commuter back-up (3-hrs. on orig. battery w/max display settings), it's my primary unit & sits on the desk hooked-up to an external monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc.

I equate the TL68 in a slim or small notebook to having an old big block muscle-car--the frame will handle the engine, but its power will let you tear apart the rest of the car, so pushing-it is only a matter of what you feel like replacing. Thanks again.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information