Increase font size
Topic Title: Turion ML/MT Differences?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/06/2005 12:04 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/06/2005 12:04 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jnanas

I was wondering, are there any performance differences between the Turion ML or MT processors when they are plugged in? From what i understand, the ML runs off of 35 watts, and the MT runs off of 25 watts, so i'm just asuming that the MT has less performance but more battery life. How about when both a ML40 or MT40 are plugged in? Do the processors run off of the same wattage then, and scale down when the computer is running off of the battery, or is there a permanent performace difference, plugged in or not?

Also, are there any good laptops, especially custom laptops, that are sold on the market? I am looking for the fastest turion processor i can find, with a 100gb 7200rpm hard drive, 2gb memory, if possible 128mb Dedicated video RAM on a nice gfx card, hopefully nVidia, but wouldnt be disappointed with ATI, anything else i wouldn't take. 15" or 15.2 Widescreen LCD is fine. DL DVD-R would be nice but once again, not 100% necessary. That new LightScribe CD/DVD Labeling system seems interesting, would be nice to have but not 100% needed.
 11/06/2005 05:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Greyhound

QUOTEI was wondering, are there any performance differences between the Turion ML or MT processors when they are plugged in?
Nope. Not at all.

Assuming you have a Turion 64 ML series part and an MT-series part with the same model number (e.g. Turion 64 ML-40 and MT-40), the one and only difference will be the processor's TDP (Thermal Design Power, i.e. maximum power consumption) as well as its default core voltage.
Turion MT-series parts have exactly the same cores as their ML-series cousins, they've just been validated to run stably at a lower core voltage to decrease TDP.

That's it. No other differences whatsoever between ML- and MT-series.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

<center><font color=red>MODERATOR</center></font>

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 89W :: Asus M2N32SLI Deluxe :: 2x1024MB Muskin XP2-6400 DDR2-800 :: BeQuiet! Darkpower Pro 530W :: 2x WD Raptor 74GB/10k rpm, RAID 0 :: ATI Radeon X1950XTX
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information