Increase font size
Topic Title: Clash of the Titans: Dothan vs Turion
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/30/2005 10:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/30/2005 10:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
fords8

For many years, Intel's Pentium M processor and the the Centrino platform, has reigned as king. Offering high performance at a fraction of the power consumption of its competitors, the Pentium M was the obvious, no-brainer choice for most mobile users.

However, things are becoming more complicated. With AMD's recent release of its Turion processor, Intel's dominance of the mobile market faces its first real challenge since it introduced the Centrino platform. Based on AMD's powerful Athlon 64 line, the Turion 64 mobile processor claims to offer comparable battery life and even better performance than Intel's Pentium M champion.

READ ON!' ">http://www.laptoplogic.com/resources/articles/42/1/1/

Thought some of you would find this interesting.

-------------------------
The Source for Laptop Analysis and News' ">http://www.laptoplogic.com
 08/31/2005 08:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
chrisinsocalif

nice post FORD, I was going to post this article only to see you beat me to it. PC world I beleive, said the Turion was "no centrino killer."
But this shows, the Turion is an awesome chip. The turion DOMINATED. AMD laptops are not only cheaper to build, but are future proof with their support of 64 bits, but overall a better chip. The more laptops we see released, the better numbers we will see. Also if Nividia were to release a chipset for Turion laptops I am sure we would see even better numbers AMD RULES!

-------------------------
AMD 64 Opteron 150
Acer Ferrari 4005WLMi
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information