Increase font size
Topic Title: Overclocking the Turion
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/04/2005 04:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/04/2005 04:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zipz

I'm planing to buy a Turion64 processor for my new workstation.
Would it be possible to under- or overclock the processor directly in the BIOS?

How much power does the CPU take with highest load? (model MT-30)

What do you think about my idea?
 08/07/2005 11:10 AM

Author Icon
David1024

/excl.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='excl.gif' /> recommend against OverClocking the cpu if it's even possible the turion is very different from previous cpu's I have used turion I have is an ML-37 when I runinng her flat out at capacity for long periods she tends to get pretty hot and even the sound card start getting choppy when the system in running idle doing didly squat how ever it under clocks it self running at either 1600 or 800 mhz instead of the 2.0 ghz it's designed to run at how do I know this checking the cpu spec in xpwere it says what the cpu speed is 1.6 ghz and using other software so underclocking it dose it's self overclocking not sure if it's worth trying since you will burn out the cpu if you push it to overclocked capcity for to long
 08/15/2005 08:36 PM

Author Icon
xstylus

QUOTE(David1024 @ Aug 7 2005, 07:10 AM)/excl.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='excl.gif' />  recommend against OverClocking the cpu if it's even possible the turion is very different from previous cpu's I have used turion I have is an ML-37 when I runinng her flat out at capacity for long periods she tends to get pretty hot and even the sound card start getting choppy when the system in running idle doing didly squat how ever it under clocks it self running at either 1600 or 800 mhz instead of the 2.0 ghz it's designed to run at how do I know this checking the cpu spec in xpwere it says what the cpu speed is 1.6 ghz and using other software so underclocking it dose it's self overclocking not sure if it's worth trying since you will burn out the cpu if you push it to overclocked capcity for to long
[right][snapback]475892[/snapback][/right]

Good information David, but my god man... PLEASE learn to use a period!
 11/02/2005 01:28 AM

Author Icon
Serge84

QUOTE(xstylus @ Aug 15 2005, 06:36 PM)Good information David, but my god man... PLEASE learn to use a period!
[right][snapback]481723[/snapback][/right]

Heat is only the issue, it is impossible to blow out a processor just cus you use too high of a freq. 3ghz or 3.5ghz on another board on my sempy ofcorse fails the oc but worst that can happen is to clear the cmos. If your saying its in a laptop ofcorse I wouldn't in a laptop but if its in a desktop it would be fine to OC the wazoo out of. All it is is a modified athlon 64 core for effecinty. Nothing totaly different about it really.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information