Increase font size
Topic Title: Athlon64 4000+ Cool'n'Quiet! Utility
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/19/2005 11:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/19/2005 11:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zxocuteboy

I just recently got this Laptop from HP with an Athlon64 4000+ CPU. After reading up online, it's my understending that it comes with something called Cool'n'Quiet! Utility (which aperently is installed in my sytem already)

However, i am unable to access it. /blink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='blink.gif' />

I wan to know what how i can gain control of the ability. I want to turn it off when it's pluged in, and turn it on when running on batteries. Also, how can i see the processor temperature and core speed?

Does AMD have a stand alone program that would run in the background that i can maintain? Something like Intels SpeadStep Technology?

what about a utility that would allow me to observer the CPU temp, Mghz, Fan Speed, etc...

Thank you.
 06/19/2005 03:24 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AMD808

Athlon 64 drivers and utilities can be found here' ">http://www.amd.com/us-en/Proce...0_182_871_9706,00.html.

Being an OEM laptop, there is no guaruntee of a temperature sensor being there. You can try Speedfan for monitoring temperatures, or use the bios if it is available there. In the bios, Cool and Quiet can be enabled or disabled. Cool and Quiet can change the speed of the processor up to 30 times in 1 second, so power conservation should already be at best, unless you are doing a processor intensive task properly (games for example).

Power scheming can be changed through Windows.

Right click the desktop > Properties > Screensaver tab > Power

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information