AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: mobo compatibilty list for Turion?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/22/2005 06:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/22/2005 06:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
RCSea

I would like to build a low power always-on fileserver using an MT-32 Turion. But, how the heck do I know which motherboards I can plop it into and have it work out-of-the-box? I don't think motherboards that require a BIOS upgrade are going to be of much use are they, since how can I flash the BIOS if the processor won't work before the flash?

My only requirements for the mobo are 10/100/1000 LAN, SATA support (doesn't have to be SATA II), and on-board no-frills video. And that it'll work with the MT-32, of course.

Thx,
-rc
 07/24/2005 02:36 AM

Author Icon
91RX-7 Boy

wrong area isnt it oh well, ummm, most do, try msi k8 series just try, also you need a moded cooler remember
 07/25/2005 07:46 PM

Author Icon
RCSea

QUOTE(91RX-7 Boy @ Jul 23 2005, 11:36 PM)wrong area isnt it oh well, ummm, most do, try msi k8 series just try, also you need a moded cooler remember

Sorry, I assumed that the mobile CPU forum would be the right place to ask about it. Basically what I really want to know is what it is that a motherboard needs to support in order for a Turion to work in it. People say 'this motherboard needs a bios upgrade' or 'this mobo works' or 'this one doesn't', but no one ever says what the technical reasons are. From what I gather, it won't just work in any mobo that supports a 90nm socket 754 cpu, Hypertransport, DDR400, and Cool 'n' Quiet technology. There's more to it than that, isn't there?

-rc
 11/02/2005 01:33 AM

Author Icon
Serge84

QUOTE(RCSea @ Jul 25 2005, 05:46 PM)Sorry, I assumed that the mobile CPU forum would be the right place to ask about it. Basically what I really want to know is what it is that a motherboard needs to support in order for a Turion to work in it. People say 'this motherboard needs a bios upgrade' or 'this mobo works' or 'this one doesn't', but no one ever says what the technical reasons are. From what I gather, it won't just work in any mobo that supports a 90nm socket 754 cpu, Hypertransport, DDR400, and Cool 'n' Quiet technology. There's more to it than that, isn't there?

-rc
[right][snapback]468174[/snapback][/right]

No not really, just change the fsb volts and multiplyer to the right settings and it will be fine.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information