Increase font size
Topic Title: Athlon 64 Mobile Spec
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/16/2005 04:49 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/16/2005 04:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mrhardware1965

I am looking for the spec on the Athlon 64 Mobile Spec AMN3000BIX5AR.
any ideas where i can find it. Seems to be plenty of info on the desktop 64's but information on mobiles seem to be thin on the ground.javascript:emoticon(':blink:'
smilie
 07/18/2005 05:53 AM

Author Icon
Greyhound

QUOTE Seems to be plenty of info on the desktop 64's but information on mobiles seem to be thin on the ground.
Unfortunately, you will not find any detailed official specifictions or Datasheets (beyond some very basic info on the product info pages) for any current AMD mobile parts on AMDs website.

The reason for this is probably the fact that Laptops/Notebooks are not (yet) meant to be built by an individual user and most OEMs don't even offer BIOS-updates beyond a couple of necessary bugfixes either /sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' />
QUOTEI am looking for the spec on the Athlon 64 Mobile Spec AMN3000BIX5AR.
While I can't provide a link to official specifications for this part, I'll still answer your question:

What you have here is a 62W Standard/Mainstream Mobile Athlon 64 processor using a CG-rev. 'Clawhammer'-core (Model 4, rev. SH7-CG, CPUID: 'F-4-A' with a 1.40V Vcore, 95°C max. temp and 1MB L2-cache.

As for your upgrade-options, you should be able to use any mobile Athlon 64 processor with an equal (62W) or lower (35W) power-consumption class.
However, a BIOS-update will be mandatory, if your replacement/upgrade processor has a newer revision than rev. CG (i.e. D0 or E-rev parts).

If you wish to upgrade, contact your Laptops' manufacturer to see if they offer a BIOS-update for your model.

If you have any further questions, feel fre to ask /happy.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='happy.gif' />

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

<center><font color=red>MODERATOR</center></font>

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 89W :: Asus M2N32SLI Deluxe :: 2x1024MB Muskin XP2-6400 DDR2-800 :: BeQuiet! Darkpower Pro 530W :: 2x WD Raptor 74GB/10k rpm, RAID 0 :: ATI Radeon X1950XTX
 06/03/2006 03:07 PM

Author Icon
jmprigot

quote:

Originally posted by: Greyhound
Unfortunately, you will not find any detailed official specifictions or Datasheets (beyond some very basic info on the product info pages) for any current AMD mobile parts on AMDs website.

(Stuff deleted)

If you have any further questions, feel fre to ask

(Bummer about AMD's making the specs non-public. However, since you generously volunteered to research this...) I am looking on eBay for a replacement 3000+. The part numbers being offered include AMA3000BEX5AP, AHN3000BIX5AR, and AMN3000BIX5AP. They are all being offered around the same price, so which would be "best"?
 06/03/2006 09:09 PM

Author Icon
kirbalo

quote:

Originally posted by: OldCoot
(Bummer about AMD's making the specs non-public. However, since you generously volunteered to research this...) I am looking on eBay for a replacement 3000+. The part numbers being offered include AMA3000BEX5AP, AHN3000BIX5AR, and AMN3000BIX5AP. They are all being offered around the same price, so which would be "best"?

Go here for good information on the different part numbers. Pay close attention to those first 3 letters, as they can indicate alot. Based off of me going to this site and comparing those numbers, if those are your only choices, would be to stay away from the "AHN" part, as it is NOT an Athlon 64, and pick the BIX5AP as the "I" indicates a 1.4V Core vs the "E" at 1.5V. The "AMA" also shows that it is an 81.5W MAX TDP part vs the "AMN" which has a MAX. TDP of 62W, due to the difference in core voltage required for stock speed.

-------------------------
My Rigs:

Athlon 64 3400+ (CG) @ 2.4GHz, Asus K8N-E Deluxe, 2 GB OCZ DDR400, BFG nVidia 6800OC 128MB, Seagate 200GB PATA, Seagate 160GB PATA, Dual Boot XP and x64, Antec 350W Mid-Tower

Athlon 64 3400+ (E3) @ 2.4GHz, Asus K8N-E Deluxe, 2 GB OCZ DDR400, eVGA nVidia 6800 128MB, Seagate 320GB SATA, Vista x64, Antec 350W Mid-Tower
 06/04/2006 12:36 PM

Author Icon
jmprigot

quote:

Originally posted by: kirbalo
Go here for good information on the different part numbers. Pay close attention to those first 3 letters, as they can indicate alot. Based off of me going to this site and comparing those numbers, if those are your only choices, would be to stay away from the "AHN" part, as it is NOT an Athlon 64, and pick the BIX5AP as the "I" indicates a 1.4V Core vs the "E" at 1.5V. The "AMA" also shows that it is an 81.5W MAX TDP part vs the "AMN" which has a MAX. TDP of 62W, due to the difference in core voltage required for stock speed.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for pointing me (and others, I'm sure) to the site.
===
Jon
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information