Increase font size
Topic Title: Looking for a Turion benchmark
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/15/2005 05:06 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/15/2005 05:06 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SeoulFinn

Hello there!

I was wondering if someone could point me to a bechmark that compares mobile Turion processors (especially the whole MT line) against each other. No biggie, eh? Well, here's the deal...

I'd like to see a test setup in which the other variables (ie. RAM, HD, board, etc.) remain _exactly the same_ and only the CPU is changed. Am I hoping for too much?

I have an ageing Ferrari 3200 with 1.8 GHz non-Turion processor in it. I just want to justify to myself why I should buy an expensive MT-40 or MT-42 and soup up my system a little bit.

Thanks in advance!

SeoulFinn

PS. I have already replaced the slow HD with a faster 7200 RMP one and will soon replace that slow 333DDR memory as well.
 12/17/2005 01:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
chrisinsocalif

MT and ML are the same, just the TDP is different. So you won't see a difference in benchmarks between ML and MT lines. Also i havent seen a benchmark that compares Turions in the same settings.

Or if you are patient, you can wait for the socket S1 Turions, that will support dual memory channels and ddr2 RAM. But that means buying a whole new laptop, but it will be really fast!

-------------------------
AMD 64 Opteron 150
Acer Ferrari 4005WLMi
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information