Increase font size
Topic Title: upgrading Turion Processor
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/28/2006 11:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/28/2006 11:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
coolant8

My Current laptop have AMD Turion 64 Mobile ML 32 running at 1.8 ghz, i am think of upgrading it to AMD Turion 64 Mobile ML 44 which runs at 2.4 ghz, it apparantly the fastest single core turion CPU since there is no chance to go for the turion x2(apparently won't fit the slot, can anyone confirm this?), will there be dramatic performance increases?and also i assume that there will be dramatical hit on battery life?and is there any forthcoming cpu that will fit into the slot?

The laptop currently have 1280 mb of ram, (1g+256, 128 taken by the xpress x200 GPU), i am planning for a vista upgrade, and this laptop would currently fit into vista premium ready group, but even with ML 44, can it run vista and photoshop smoothly?

THanks FOr ANy INfo
 12/29/2006 11:39 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
adangola

quote:

Originally posted by: coolant8
My Current laptop have AMD Turion 64 Mobile ML 32 running at 1.8 ghz, i am think of upgrading it to AMD Turion 64 Mobile ML 44 which runs at 2.4 ghz, it apparantly the fastest single core turion CPU since there is no chance to go for the turion x2(apparently won't fit the slot, can anyone confirm this?), will there be dramatic performance increases?and also i assume that there will be dramatical hit on battery life?and is there any forthcoming cpu that will fit into the slot?

The laptop currently have 1280 mb of ram, (1g+256, 128 taken by the xpress x200 GPU), i am planning for a vista upgrade, and this laptop would currently fit into vista premium ready group, but even with ML 44, can it run vista and photoshop smoothly?

THanks FOr ANy INfo

http://forums.amd.com/index.ph...pic=85638&hl=ml-40
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information