Increase font size
Topic Title: Mobile AMD TurionT64 MT-40 Problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/23/2006 08:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/23/2006 08:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
J_R_S

Hello, I recently bought a new notebook, with the turion mt-40 2.2ghz processor paired with a mobility radeon x1600 256 mb graphics adapter. I recently installed Half Life 2 and when I tried to start the game, it told me that my processor was only running at .8ghz. I then did a number of processor speed checks and they all said the same thing. Could anyone tell me why this is happedning and how I could fix it?
 10/24/2006 03:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
aggiebroz

Well one possible cause for the problem is PowerNow technology. When your cpu is not under heavy load it will run at 800mhz or one of several speeds between that and max speed. So it is possible that if you are checking the speed while there is no load that it will report 800mhz. to make sure everything is working properly change your windows power profile to always on and the speed should stay at max all the time, if your profile is currently set to max battery it may be locking the cpu to its slowest speed. you can also download amd dashboard demo and it will show the cpu speed in real time so you can see if the speed increases when under load.

Hopefully you will find that everyhting is working properly, but if changing the power settings never allows you cpu to go faster than 800mhz then i would suggest making sure you have the latest cpu drivers from amd.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information