Increase font size
Topic Title: Boot freeze with Amd Athlon 64 3200+ Mobile
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/26/2006 08:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/26/2006 08:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
lyd3nitup

Hi,

I just purchased an epox EP-8NPA SLI ATX AMD Motherboard from newegg. When i put my amd 3200+ processor in it, it will boot to different sections each time and then either reset or just freeze. Sometimes I'll get the blinking underscore in the left corner and nothing will happen or sometimes it will get to the windows screen where it tells you that windows has shutdown inproperly, which would you like to do. As soon as select one it just freezes and does nothing. When I try to boot from the xp disk it says that it can't find one of the files on the disk.(I'm possative that the cd works.) And just to make sure i tried a copy of bart PE to see if that would boot and it would get to the boot screen and then say that ntoskrnl.exe is missing. I wasn't aware that this file was used in bart PE.( I'm also certain that this cd works.) The only thing that I can think of is a bad processor. If you could share your wisdom it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to buy anymore new things if it's not absolutely needed. Thank you

05/27/2006 10:49 PM

Author Icon
Xtreeme

Well its mobile. Checking with others that have run mobile in that board is a good idea. Use google and try "mobile 3200+ EP-8NPA"
http://www.google.com/search?h...obil...G=Google+Search

kernel errors can mean alot of things. From bad parts to mem to not enough cpu power. When I clock to high and vcore is lacking I get the very same error upon booting IF I get to Xp haha. The volts may be detected wrong since the mobile isnt "officially" supported you may need to manually setup. Make sure the mem is setup right and the HT. Then try again.
 05/28/2006 10:08 PM

Author Icon
lyd3nitup

quote:

Originally posted by: Xtreeme
Well its mobile. Checking with others that have run mobile in that board is a good idea. Use google and try "mobile 3200+ EP-8NPA"
http://www.google.com/search?h...obil...G=Google+Search

kernel errors can mean alot of things. From bad parts to mem to not enough cpu power. When I clock to high and vcore is lacking I get the very same error upon booting IF I get to Xp haha. The volts may be detected wrong since the mobile isnt "officially" supported you may need to manually setup. Make sure the mem is setup right and the HT. Then try again.

Well as far as enough power, my computer teacher from school said it could have been something like that so i bought an aspire turbo 500w psu so i don't think it's that. Also I was having problems with my previous board. It was working fine and just stopped working one day so I know it's not the board. I also haven't overclocked it at all. I setup the mem manually and that did nothing also.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information