AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Proper voltage to clock speed settings for RightMark?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/13/2006 03:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/13/2006 03:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jmzD

Can anyone fill me in on voltage to clock speed ratios that will not hurt my laptop???

It's a Gateway MX7525 64-bit athlon 4000+...

Right now I have it underclocked to 2GHZ with the voltage at 1.3... is that overkill?
 04/13/2006 10:31 AM

Author Icon
quipster

quote:

Originally posted by: J Steel
Can anyone fill me in on voltage to clock speed ratios that will not hurt my laptop???

It's a Gateway MX7525 64-bit athlon 4000+...

Right now I have it underclocked to 2GHZ with the voltage at 1.3... is that overkill?

You can't even generalize voltages for CPUs of the same type, since one can not tell how they behave on different mobos. But generally speaking the lower the cooler the better. If min and max voltage are stable, the auto-adjusted intermediate ones should be, too. However, there might be still the problem that some multipliers behave a little bitchy and cause bluescreens, so you can opt them out of the table. If you got no problem, you are fine. Above all, test stability with a CPUstresser like prime95 on each level min and max. If it is errorfree, it should save you from data corruption due to undervolting..

greetz
 04/13/2006 01:44 PM

Author Icon
jmzD

quote:

Originally posted by: quipster
You can't even generalize voltages for CPUs of the same type, since one can not tell how they behave on different mobos. But generally speaking the lower the cooler the better. If min and max voltage are stable, the auto-adjusted intermediate ones should be, too. However, there might be still the problem that some multipliers behave a little bitchy and cause bluescreens, so you can opt them out of the table. If you got no problem, you are fine. Above all, test stability with a CPUstresser like prime95 on each level min and max. If it is errorfree, it should save you from data corruption due to undervolting..

greetz

good to know, thank you kindly...
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information