Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD processor update
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/30/2006 06:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/30/2006 06:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ribo

hi there,

i was searching for a possibility to stepdown my turion CPU and today found the AMD processor update for WinXP on the HP driver page. so far so good, i installed it, but... where can i use this software? i neither found anything new in the programs folder nor control panel, BIOS, ..

where does it hide?

thanks,
ribo
 07/30/2006 01:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Turion_64

There seems to be alot of users having issues stepping down or stepping up the CPU.

Try these steps in order.

1) Remove or uninstall the AMD CPU driver. Some manufacturers us an install utility that only can be removed by going into Add / Remove programs control panel. Once it has been removed, reboot.

2) Download and install AMD's CPU driver... it to can only be removed by the Add / Remove control pannel when updating with a newer revision. You will need to reboot.

3) Download the manufacturers "default configuration settings", or "power settings" update... they all have different names but when you download there will be some information as to what the update is used for. If it deals with power settings us it. Again you will need to reboot.

4) If all is well the driver and the manufactures update should have made all the settings for your OS to automaticaly throttle the CPU. You can check by downloading and installing AMD's Power utility... it will show you in real time what your CPU speed is and let you make power settings on the fly without going into the Power Setting Control Panel.

Thats it.

C-ya
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information