Increase font size
Topic Title: Turion 64 Mobile Processor and MMX
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/12/2006 02:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/12/2006 02:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mike M

Does anyone know why a piece of software would not recognize the Turion 64 mobile processor as being MMX enabled?

I have a new HP Pavilion Laptop and I'm trying to install an MPEG2 encoder plug-in for Adobe Premier. It begins to install and then halts, saying that it was not designed to run on machines that are not MMX enabled. I've used this software with a number of other processors, including AMD's.

HP Technical support told me that the Turion 64 Mobile was not MMX compliant. This appears to be contrary to AMD's site info, which says that the 3DNow! architecture supports SSE2 & SSE3 and which should support MMX as well, correct?

Any ideas? Thanks.
 06/12/2006 02:16 PM

Author Icon
elite_athlon

http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php
Download and run that program, it will tell you the extentions it has.

-------------------------
Join a real forum - http://www.compsupportforums.com/
 06/12/2006 08:24 PM

Author Icon
kirbalo

quote:

Originally posted by: Mike M
Does anyone know why a piece of software would not recognize the Turion 64 mobile processor as being MMX enabled?

I have a new HP Pavilion Laptop and I'm trying to install an MPEG2 encoder plug-in for Adobe Premier. It begins to install and then halts, saying that it was not designed to run on machines that are not MMX enabled. I've used this software with a number of other processors, including AMD's.

HP Technical support told me that the Turion 64 Mobile was not MMX compliant. This appears to be contrary to AMD's site info, which says that the 3DNow! architecture supports SSE2 & SSE3 and which should support MMX as well, correct?

Any ideas? Thanks.

HP doesn't know what they're talking about. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Contact Adobe, and take a look at their forums. You're probably not the only one who has had the problem. Take a look at HP specific laptop forums also...

-------------------------
My Rigs:

Athlon 64 3400+ (CG) @ 2.4GHz, Asus K8N-E Deluxe, 2 GB OCZ DDR400, BFG nVidia 6800OC 128MB, Seagate 200GB PATA, Seagate 160GB PATA, Dual Boot XP and x64, Antec 350W Mid-Tower

Athlon 64 3400+ (E3) @ 2.4GHz, Asus K8N-E Deluxe, 2 GB OCZ DDR400, eVGA nVidia 6800 128MB, Seagate 320GB SATA, Vista x64, Antec 350W Mid-Tower
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information