Increase font size
Topic Title: Sempron 3300+ or Turion MT-37
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/08/2007 04:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/08/2007 04:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
PPHDictator

I have a compaq presario V5201US. I was wondering if there would be a noticeable difference if any if I upgraded my processor from a Sempron 3300+ to a Turion MT-37. I was wondering if the L2 cache would really make that big of a difference? Currently it only has 128kb of L2 cache and would be going to 1MB. Also the turion processor is a 64 bit processor as opposed to the sempron. Would there be a noticeable difference between the two processors, since the core speed is the same? Also would it be to my advantage to upgrade my HD would that make much of a differance it came with a 80Gb 4200rpm drive? I have added an additional 1GB stick of memory in place of one to the 256MB. This computer really isn't used for gaming, mainly for school purposes, but faster is always better. One more quick question, what is the difference between a OEM version chip and a Retail? Is it just the packaging? Does the Retail come with drivers? Your answers to my problem will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information