Increase font size
Topic Title: I have an AMD Turion 64 ML-28 1.6 GHZ
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/08/2007 12:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/08/2007 12:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
tintin1983

Hello lately I've noticed my fan not coming on as much and my laptop become hotter than normal. So I got PC Wizard 07 and it told me my temp was about 51c. I checked my manual for what the temps should be it says 10-35c (operating) and -20-60c (non operating). Which value should I be focused on? And what is the Processor Tep (Diode) thing? Should I take this to the shop or am I over reacting?
 02/08/2007 03:16 PM

Author Icon
aggiebroz

first of all those temps listed in the manual are the environment temps that it is safe to operate the laptop in. meaning that you should not operate the laptop in an environment below 10C or above 35C. The temp you are reading on PC wizard is the temp of your processor. the processor temp diode is a sensor in the cpu core that measures the temp of the processor, that is the sensor that most programs display. most Turions tend to run anywhere up to 60-70C depending on specific laptop cooling and processor load. So you probably don't have to worry about overheating unless you see your temp rise significantly.(technically Turions can operate up to 95C but they should never get near that hot)

watch your cpu temp and see if the fan always turns on at the same temp, if the temp threshold changes then something isn't right. also check to see if you changed your windows power profile because some laptops will change the fan settings with different profiles, especially when on battery.

let us know the specific laptop model and maybe somebody can tell you if yours seems to be operating like normal.
 02/08/2007 03:30 PM

Author Icon
tintin1983

I have a Presario M2000z CTO recently added new memory to it both are the same type. Also, I run my laptop like a desktop never turning it off. I also have maximum performance for my Ati card going. Sometimes too I can smell something under my left hand but this is all recently so I don't know what going on.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information