Increase font size
Topic Title: ML-44 or MT-40 or 4000+ for acer aspire
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/06/2007 05:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/06/2007 05:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Bob56699

I have an acer aspire 3004 with a Laguna M motherboard socket 754.

Which is the fastest processor for this motherboard?
The old mobile athlon 4000+ which doesn't have SSE3 but has the fastest clock rate 2.6GHz, and a much higher TDP 60+ W.

The ML-44 which has a TDP of 35 W and is 2.4ghz?

Or the MT-40 which is a TDP of 25 W and is 2.2ghz?

Will I fry my computer with these?

Thank you for your time.

02/08/2007 03:49 PM

Author Icon
aggiebroz

i would not use the mobile athlon unless the laptop came with a cpu with a 60+W TDP and also make sure that your BIOS works with the mobile athlon.

also i have read that acer BIOS's don't work with the MT series but any of the ML series should work

even if the mobile athlon is faster it probably isn't worth the extra heat and power usage over the turions
 02/15/2007 09:53 PM

Author Icon
urbanetexan

quote:

Originally posted by: aggiebroz
i would not use the mobile athlon unless the laptop came with a cpu with a 60+W TDP and also make sure that your BIOS works with the mobile athlon.

also i have read that acer BIOS's don't work with the MT series but any of the ML series should work

even if the mobile athlon is faster it probably isn't worth the extra heat and power usage over the turions

The BIOS does work with the MT series. I converted an Aspire 3002 from a Sempron 2800+ to a Turion MT37 with no problems and no overclocking on my part. The Sempron was running at 1800 MHz and the Turion is now running at 2000 MHz. If you decide to go ahead with this project, I would suggest that you remove the dry silver looking pad on the heat sink and replace it with a thermal transfer pad or some Arctic Silver 5. Getting at the screws that hold down the heat sink was not an easy task.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information