Increase font size
Topic Title: powernow tech...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/08/2007 09:44 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/08/2007 09:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zulualfa

hi there..
i just bought hp compaq v3000 series with amd turion x2, 1.6ghz.
what i want to know is that why when i search for any file regarding powernow tech, nothing found?
i`m totally have a basic knowledge about pc and know nothing about bios.does my laptop have this powernow tech, cool "n" quiet mode,
if not, than do i need to install anything from amd download centre and which one?
i do had download AMD Power Monitor Version 1.0.2 and it show that my cpu keep on running at 1.6ghz even when its in idle mode, and the power saving never increase from the first red bar.... the only thing that move is the core level.

any suggestion? /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />
 01/08/2007 12:15 PM

Author Icon
zeppelinrox

quote:

Originally posted by: Unknown AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (x86 and x64 exe) 1.3.2.16 - Allows the system to automatically adjust the CPU speed, voltage and power combination that match the instantaneous user performance need.

you can get it on this page http://www.amd.com/us-en/Proce...chni...1_14098,00.html

you probably overlooked it since the term "powernow" isn't used on that paragraph.
there are drivers on that page for other windows version and linux on that page as well

-------------------------

Overclocking Help and Links . Why DRM, BluRay and HD-DVD Blow Great tools-> OC Bible v1.52 and Guidemania v1.2
 01/08/2007 01:29 PM

Author Icon
GremliN

Your CPU has CnQ yes. Probably your Windows is on "Always on". In the control panel you shouldlook for energy management or somethink like that. you can change teh state there and in some cases it shouldclock down. Maybe your laptop already has easy software to enable this. My Asus does for example.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information