Increase font size
Topic Title: Problem with Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/26/2007 10:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/26/2007 10:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sembor

Hello, I'm new to this forum,

I have the following problem,

I recently buy the hp pavilion dv6140us notebook.

The Computer was ok, but i didn't like the windows version that was already installed. It was a factory image with hp custom configured software, and many other programs that I know I wont use.

So I use my own copy of windows (not the hp recovery image) and installed inthe machine.

I download all the drivers that I need from the HP page, but aparentrly there are 3 devices that are not working well.

- the first one is the coprocessor... I don't know if this is really a problem, since the notebook is working well but I prefeer if I can solve this issue. I can't find the driver to this one.
- the second one is the PCI card driver... not really sure the name of the device (right now i'm on work computer, so I don't have the names at hand)
the third one I don't remember the name....

Bu the first two are the ones that concerns me, because i suppose that those ones will make the computer work better.

Has anyone had this problem?
Can someone help me with the drivers?

Thank you very much for any help you can bring me!
 01/26/2007 12:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
miner

quote:

Originally posted by: Sembor
I download all the drivers that I need from the HP page, but aparentrly there are 3 devices that are not working well.

- the first one is the coprocessor... I don't know if this is really a problem, since the notebook is working well but I prefeer if I can solve this issue. I can't find the driver to this one.
- the second one is the PCI card driver... not really sure the name of the device (right now i'm on work computer, so I don't have the names at hand)
the third one I don't remember the name....

For the first one, Install the Nvidia nforce chipset drivers. The second one seems to be the media card reader drivers. If the third one happens to be a 'Unknown' device then that should be the HP quick launch buttons software.

Hope that helps.

-------------------------
HP Pavilion TX2500..AMD Turion X2 Ultra ZM-86, 3GB DDR2 800, 320GB 5400rpm SATA, ATi Radeon HD3200/M780G.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information