AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Very slow! Need help! Turion!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/03/2008 11:00 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/03/2008 11:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MiNuTeS

How are you doing? I'm not very good with the jargon of computer talk so it mind be a little hard for me to describe my problem. I just wanted to say that I have a Acer Aspire brand computer and I seem to be having some speed issues. My computer has the AMD Turion 64 Mobile. My problem is that something keeps eating up my CPU usage. I am also running Windows Vista Ultimate with 1GB RAM. I have gotten the TrustedInstaller.exe to run manually because it was eating it before but everytime I try to run a simple graphics program eg. Warcraft III, I get unbelievable lag and low fps. Can someone help me figure out this problem? Thank you!
 06/06/2008 05:12 PM

Author Icon
SolnzeUSB
Deprecated

What else is eating your resources? What CPU do you have? Try upping RAM -- 1 gig is the minimum for Vista. Plus, your video card may not be able to handle your games, but Lasso is on the way, so you can get yourself an external graphics card in a couple of months.

-------------------------
"Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners." V.I.Lenin

HP tx1000 | Touch-screen | TL-64 Tyler | 4GB RAM | SSD + HDD dual drive | 802.11n | Win7 U-64 + Vista U-64
 07/07/2008 03:52 PM

Author Icon
SpineShanked717

Minutes, I have the same issue, but unlike you I have 4GB RAM with the same problem. Its caused by overheating of your CPU and it decreasing its efficiency. Look around the other threads to get even more informaton. But to what I know this cannot be fixed, like me and the others you got the short end of stick, I am currently having to spend more money to ensure this processor functions, I am replacing my fan and heatsink you may need to do the same.

Edited: 07/07/2008 at 04:14 PM by SpineShanked717
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information