Increase font size
Topic Title: Athlon 64 cooler
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/16/2011 09:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/16/2011 09:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
anndre
Lurker

hi, New to the forum, I would like some help with installing a new cooler for my Athlon 64, Built this computer a few years ago using a ASUS AV8 Delux motherboard, I am quite happy with the system but the CPU fan failed recently. I replaced the fan with a standard AMD unit, but then decided to go for a Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro. Both fans worked but the computer is stalled by a CPU fan error press FI to resume which is a nuisance.
My understanding of this problem is the connectors are not compatible with the A8V board the new fans are 4 pin and the old one was 3pin, am I right in saying the original AMD fan has a built in chip which indicates the fan speed and is also used for the cool and quiet control. It would appear this chip is not fitted to the new fans or the control wire is on the pin no4 ither way is does not work.
So how do I get these new fans to work on the A8v board
 01/24/2011 01:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
go_for
Alpha Geek

computer is stalled by a CPU fan error press FI to resume

In BIOS there is a item which control this supervision, you can disable that item.
The ACF 64 Pro run at low RPM when the CPU is cool, the BIOS might trigger on this.

-------------------------
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information