I am no expert on MSI boards, but here is what I found. I wish I could make it easier.
If you go to http://www.msicomputer.com
' ">http://www.msicomputer.com and type "ms-6330" into the search box, you get links to 4 product pages, as follows:
The first one shows CPU support as follows:
• Socket A for AMD® Athlon™/ Athlon™ XP/ Duron™ Processor.
• AMD Athlon XP (Palomino, Socket A) up to 1800+
• AMD Athlon (Thunderbird, Socket A) up to 1.4GHz
• AMD Duron ( Socket A) 950MHz
The other three show:
• Socket A (Socket 462) for AMD® Athlon™/ Duron™ Processor.
• Supports Athlon XP (Palomino™) Processor
• Athlon XP (Socket A) to 1.4GHz
• Athlon (Socket A) to 1.4GHz
• Duron (Socket A) to 950MHz
Your MS-6330 v2.1 is probably not exactly
and of those four motherboards. Checking at the MSI forum at http://forum.msi.com.tw
' ">http://forum.msi.com.tw and again searching for "ms-6330") I found two threads on version 2.1 (there are probably more). Both said it is an OEM board, and Packard Bell and Gateway were mentioned. Is your computer one of those or another "name brand" computer? If it is, the computer manufacturer actually supports the board, not MSI, and they may be able to tell you exactly what CPUs you can use.
My ECS/PCCHIPS/Amptron PCs