Increase font size
Topic Title: dual processors?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/06/2004 09:25 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/06/2004 09:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sandbag11

so im looking to upgrade my computer.... between my dad and i we have 3 duron 900's.... instead of going up to something like 2.4 ghz, im considering going to dual processors... we have the board picked out (but not ordered yet) and were wondering if it is possible to run those 900's on a dual cpu board or are they like the p3's where you have to get the designated multiprocessor p3 chips

any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated
 03/07/2004 12:38 AM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

Welcome to the forum sandbag11

The answer is Yes and No...

If you modify the correct bridges on the Duron you can enable MP as long as they are not Spitfire Durons (~5 or 600-950 MHz I think) but there is no real garantee that it will work properly. I would gather that it would be more of a headache to do this then getting regular MP Athlons.

But if you just want to mess around with an MP system then you could pick up 2 AMD Athlon MP 1.2 GHz, 266MHz FSB, 256 L2 Cache Processors from newegg for $70USD

MP 1.2 GHz' ">http://www.newegg.com/app/View...200&catalog=343&depa=0

Hope that helps

Later

MD

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

03/07/2004 11:11 PM

Author Icon
sandbag11

sweet linkage =)

thanks for the info... being as those chips are so cheap thats probably what im going to go to...
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information