Increase font size
Topic Title: Duron 1.6 MHz
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/21/2004 07:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/21/2004 07:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
fish |>( ')

Hi, I have a problem. I'm using a duron 1.6 MHz processor on a murcury KT266a motherboard and when I take a look at the processor information it tells me that it's 1.6 MHz but it says that it's an an unknown cpu type. I checked the cpu frequency and it's set up properly, so I know that's not the problem. I think I may have to update the bios to get it to recognize my cpu. But I'm not going to upgrade the bios cuz it's dangerous and I don't really know what I'm doing. Is there another way to get it to recognize my cpu? Or does it even really matter wether it knows what my cpu is or not? Thanks
 01/21/2004 07:55 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

There are 2 versions of your motherboard at the following website:

Kobian.com makers of mercury motherboards' ">http://www.kobian.com/products.php?categoryid=30#30

There is the KT266A FDSX and the KT266A FDSUX, There is a bios update for the FDSX but not the FDSUX

Which version do you have?

Ok so if it works fine then why worry?

If you want to, you can download a program called CPUID from

www.h-oda.com

install and run the program and it will tell you everything about your CPU.

Hope that helps

MD

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

01/21/2004 11:31 PM

Author Icon
fish |>( ')

I have the fdsux mainboard. And if it doesn't really matter if it's an unknown cpu type then I don't plan on doing anything to it. Thanks
 01/22/2004 09:16 AM

Author Icon
action man

download and run cpu-z. as long as it recognises the speed correctly and all its features such as 3d-now! sse etc then its fine

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?
 01/29/2004 12:38 AM

Author Icon
bgudzelak

good luck, no cpuid finds it, but it still works fine. ive been trying to contact amd for a while over it and ive got no answer.
 01/29/2004 12:56 AM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

QUOTE ive been trying to contact amd for a while over it and ive got no answer.

Probably because it is a motherboard issue and not a CPU issue...

If it works then no worries right??

Later

MD

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

02/08/2004 03:43 AM

Author Icon
bgudzelak

murcury just came out with the duron recognition files for its bios update, all u have to do is download it off their site and follow the directions. takes about 2 mins. and u dont have to open your computer case. finally you can get the stisfaction of seeing your cpu name on windows.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information