Increase font size
Topic Title: so lost
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/18/2004 10:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/18/2004 10:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
fried

okay i got a few questions but from the looks of it the usuals that reply here are ....well... a lot smarter than me.

#1 got a bunch of processors all same type but i wana know how 2 identify them one of them has these #s on backdhd1600dlv1c y933174d4d447 mixjb041swpmv
what kinda processor is this i know its a duron but i wanna know more cause i wana get a new m.b. cause i screwed up my last one (gota watch out for that a.d.d., i started 2 experament)

#2 how do u identify the diffrence between slot a, socket a, 462 pin etc

the net 2 arent cpu ?'s but if n e 1 knows the answer i will apreciate it

#3 what hapens 2 bios if u take out the chip and put it n backwards? cause now when i try 2 turn on one of my comps nothin happens well kinda the little l.e.d. on the m.b. just blinks, does this with know good cpu's did i fry the bios

#4 on another comp when i turn it on its just on long beep, this is with or with out any combination of things pluged into the m.b. some 1 told me ram problem but i took out the ram and it still beeps

well any one got n e thing 4 me

thanx
 07/19/2004 01:39 AM

Author Icon
Greyhound

QUOTE #1 got a bunch of processors all same type but i wana know how 2 identify them one of them has these #s on backdhd1600dlv1c y933174d4d447 mixjb041swpmv
It's a 1.6GHz Duron 'Applebred'(model 8), 133MHz FSB, 64KB L2-cache, 1.50V Vcore(CPU-voltage), 85°C max. temp - datasheet here' ">http://www.amd.com/us-en/asset...nd_tech_docs/25848.PDF

Unlike their older 'Spitfire'/'Morgan'(model 3/7) counterparts, the newer 'Applebred'(model 8)-Durons(1.4GHz and up) have a 133MHz FSB.

They should work in any motherboard that will support an Athlon XP 'Thoroughbred'(model 8) - a BIOS update will be required for the CPU to be recognized properly in most cases.
QUOTE #2 how do u identify the diffrence between slot a, socket a, 462 pin etc
Well, a Slot A processor is a big, black, rectangular plastic cartridge with a longish slot-connector while a Socket A processor is a considerably smaller quadratic package made of ceramics or plastic with a lot of pins on it.

Slot A:

Socket A:

QUOTE #3 what hapens 2 bios if u take out the chip and put it n backwards? cause now when i try 2 turn on one of my comps nothin happens well kinda the little l.e.d. on the m.b. just blinks, does this with know good cpu's did i fry the bios
How did you manage to put a BIOS-chip in backwards?
Modern motherboards usually use PLCC-chips which are keyed...you can't really install them the wrong way unless you use excessive force...
QUOTE #4 on another comp when i turn it on its just on long beep, this is with or with out any combination of things pluged into the m.b. some 1 told me ram problem but i took out the ram and it still beeps
Make sure everything is seated properly, especially the processor and memory.
You might want to remove your motherboard from the case and setup everything on a bench or piece of cardboard to make sure it won't short-out.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

<center><font color=red>MODERATOR</center></font>

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 89W :: Asus M2N32SLI Deluxe :: 2x1024MB Muskin XP2-6400 DDR2-800 :: BeQuiet! Darkpower Pro 530W :: 2x WD Raptor 74GB/10k rpm, RAID 0 :: ATI Radeon X1950XTX
 07/20/2004 11:16 PM

Author Icon
fried

the bios chip is a dip style so it actually goes in both ways, i knoticed later the little notce that makes it idiot proof........

my bios did recognize the chip but would only let me clock it up 2 1.34ghz
i would up grade it but like i said sumthings broke

on the comp with the constant beeping everything is tight but still no go.

n e 1 else?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information