Increase font size
Topic Title: SC300 PCMCIA drivers
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/07/2003 02:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/07/2003 02:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ralph32580

I have a handheld computer "PC9800" that runs DOS 6.22. It uses a SC300 processor that has a PCMCIA controller built in. I am in need of a driver for the PCMCIA. The driver that came with it is written by SystemSoft and they no longer support it. There driver only works with a hand full of cards and can not be configured to operate other cards. I am trying to get a DDC 1553 bus controller working in it. Any one knows where I might find a driver? I am willing to pay to have one written if I have to.
Thanks
Ralph Wade
850-882-3273
ralph.wade@eglin.af.mil
 10/07/2003 02:18 PM

Author Icon
Dave Graham

QUOTE (ralph32580 @ Oct 7 2003, 10:14 AM) I have a handheld computer "PC9800" that runs DOS 6.22. It uses a SC300 processor that has a PCMCIA controller built in. I am in need of a driver for the PCMCIA. The driver that came with it is written by SystemSoft and they no longer support it. There driver only works with a hand full of cards and can not be configured to operate other cards. I am trying to get a DDC 1553 bus controller working in it. Any one knows where I might find a driver? I am willing to pay to have one written if I have to.
Thanks
Ralph Wade
850-xxx-xxxx
ralph.wade@eglin.af.mil
good lord, man...

well, i'd start by googling for the specific product you've got...

go here' ">http://www.google.com/search?s...UTF-8&q=%22DDC+1553%22 to start.

Next, by narrowing down the manufacturer a bit, you can hopefully determine who MIGHT have drivers for it (or at least a schematic or two).

That's about all I'd tell ya....oh, and I wouldn't post your phone # on these boards...dangerous stuff.

cheers,

dave

-------------------------
----------
The opinions expressed above do not represent the views of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
-----------
Owner, Webmaster
Flickerdown Data Systems' ">http://www.flickerdown.com/stewks/
"The Fusion of Hardware and Life"
 10/07/2003 02:33 PM

Author Icon
ralph32580

Thanks David
I have the drivers for the ddc card. I have all my software up and running in a PC104 stack. What I dont have is the PCMCIA drivers, socket services,alloc and so on. The drivers that came with the system require a config file for each type of card you use in it. The config file is written by the company that wrote the original ver2 drivers for it. But they no longer support it.
 10/07/2003 02:35 PM

Author Icon
Dave Graham

QUOTE (ralph32580 @ Oct 7 2003, 10:33 AM) Thanks David
I have the drivers for the ddc card. I have all my software up and running in a PC104 stack. What I dont have is the PCMCIA drivers, socket services,alloc and so on. The drivers that came with the system require a config file for each type of card you use in it. The config file is written by the company that wrote the original ver2 drivers for it. But they no longer support it.
hmm...will this' ">http://www.gensw.com/pages/prod/bios/boards/sc300ev.htm work for you?

cheers,

dave

----------
The opinions expressed above do not represent the views of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
-----------
Owner, Webmaster
 10/08/2003 03:09 PM

Author Icon
ralph32580

How about the SC400. I have found another handheld that uses this processor. I under stand it uses a more compatable type PCMCIA controller?
 10/08/2003 04:02 PM

Author Icon
Dave Graham

i can look...

cheers,

dave

----------
-----------
Owner, Webmaster
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information