AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Do i still have a Warranty?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/03/2005 09:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/03/2005 09:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
-)RR(-Chippychap

I had a question off the Warrenty,

Do I still have a Warrenty if my CPU is broken and there is a 'bite' out of it?

I got the cpu with the bite send to my home and i thought it was sepose to be that way. and its been a year now when I bought it. it was my first cpu that i bought.

but a while ago it got broken and i dont know why. its not becouse it got overheated and there are no burn marks on it...

I heard that u only can get a 'bite' out off a cpu by overheating it or offcours by using a lot of force. but both off them you will se when you did that.

So is there still a chance to get a Warrenty of it??

p.s. I'm living in the netherlands. and didn't bought it at AMD but somewhere in a store where they wont give me a new one.

p.s.s. Where are all the e-mail adresses of amd so i can contact them personaly. becous a forum isn't everything and calling I can't do that.

If someone of AMD sees this and want to give me the e-mail adress. it can be sended to my e-mail. or pm me.
 11/03/2005 12:32 PM

Author Icon
bp1019

When you bought the chip did you get it as OEM or in the retail box? If you bought it OEM you don't have a warranty on it. Also, if it has a "bite" out of it and the store will not replace it you will probably have to just buy another one.

-------------------------

-Proud owner of a DFI because chicks dig "Big" OCs
Repsgaminglounge
 11/03/2005 01:05 PM

Author Icon
-)RR(-Chippychap

it was in the retail box, only i dont have the 'box' anymore.

and the bite is in a spot that you just cant doe it your own. maybe only by putting a to high voltage on it. but i dodn't do that.
 11/03/2005 02:28 PM

Author Icon
bp1019

QUOTE(-RR(-Chippychap @ Nov 3 2005, 12:05 PM)it was in the retail box, only i dont have the 'box' anymore.

and the bite is in a spot that you just cant doe it your own. maybe only by putting a to high voltage on it. but i dodn't do that.
[right][snapback]537373[/snapback][/right]

I doubt you will be able to exercise the warranty without the box, especially if the CPU is defective and looks like it has been abused. I'm not saying it was abused, but if it looks like it most likely the warranty is null and void. You will probably just have to purchase a new one, that is the only option that you have, especially after a year of using it that way.

-------------------------

-Proud owner of a DFI because chicks dig "Big" OCs
Repsgaminglounge
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information