Increase font size
Topic Title: Start Up Freeze
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/16/2006 12:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/16/2006 12:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
gtbear

Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion PC with a 1.2ghz athlon processor. My PC has now suddenly stopped working, there was no warning, my daughter was using it OK, AVG I had virus checker updated and working, Spybot s&d up to date and I had also run a hijackthis clean.

My problem is when I switch on the system freezes on a normal start and on a safe start it halts at agp440.sys, I have tried a non-destructive recovery and then a destructive recovery but still stuck at the same area, I have tried renaming the driver to agp440.old, this then causes it to freeze on admagp.sys, I changed that so it freezes on mup.sys, next on viaagp.sys then ndis.sys and finally on ntfs.sys which once changed brings up the error Windows cannot find ntfs.sys so cannot start.

Does anyone know what I can do?
 05/18/2006 12:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
tazwegion

Have you been having any odd behaviour from your hard drive lately?

It sounds like your Windows Installation may have become corrupted, one cause out of many, is hard drive failure

Additionally, many of those files look like they're associated with the display adapter... is your V/card okay?

Lastly... in the lead up to this PC issue, did you install/uninstall, alter OR notice anything out of the ordinary on this PC?

-------------------------
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information