Increase font size
Topic Title: Need Help
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/26/2006 08:13 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/26/2006 08:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Bandit one

I have a computer that needed a new hard drive and OS reloaded. My problem is that the owner doesn't have any driver disks any more or if they ever did. Any way is there a way to tell from the motherboard what kind of a mother board it is. I.e. where would numbers be on the board? or on the chips?

It does have a gold AMD K7 T-Bird heat sink in the middle of the board.
Here is the follow info that I do know for a fact.
BIOS American Megatrends Inc.
DRAM 100MHz
CPU - Duran AMD K7 700MHz
CPU - core voltage 1.616v
CPU - Ratio 7x

What I need is the driver for the SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter which is intergate on the board, as well as the PCI Mulitmedia Audio Device

I have found several but they don't work. As it keeps asking me for a disk when it is loading. Most have been in the form of zip files. sl118 sl117 etc.

thanks in advance for any help

05/27/2006 11:34 PM

Author Icon
tazwegion

Firstly, you're gonna' have to look for the actual manfacturer & model designation on the motherboard/PCB itself, alternatively you could d/l a third party software program like Everest etc. which will help you determine the motherboards origin/chipset.

Armed with that information head to the manufacturer's website & search for the drivers you need.

BTW the boards make and manufacturer details are often located between the PCI slots

-------------------------
 05/28/2006 02:59 PM

Author Icon
Bandit one

quote:

Originally posted by: tazwegion
Firstly, you're gonna' have to look for the actual manfacturer & model designation on the motherboard/PCB itself, alternatively you could d/l a third party software program like Everest etc. which will help you determine the motherboards origin/chipset.

Armed with that information head to the manufacturer's website & search for the drivers you need.

BTW the boards make and manufacturer details are often located between the PCI slots

Tazwegion gets a big THANK YOU from Bandit one for his help. Used Everest it gave me the motherboard info I need which made my live a whole lot better. PC is up and running with out errors

Again Thank you Tazwegion
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information