Increase font size
Topic Title: Problem after connecting Duron L1 bridges
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/27/2006 08:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/27/2006 08:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Meatbun

Hey guys I was wondering if you's could help me.
Last night I tried to do the pencil trick on my Duron 1ghz.

After cleanly scraping off the sticker, I used a mechanical pencil and i'm sure I've connected the joints cleanly...

So after turning on my PC it boots up normally but always before reaching the windows loading screen it just resets itself! Now it will hit the screen asking whether to boot in safe mode or normal etc and will just reset after choosing.

The mobo is a Asus A7V. It actually once or twice manage to load windows and logon, but soon reset itself after logging in.

Perhaps I've smudged the L1 connections? As I did rub in a good amount of lead. Can I erase it and try again?
 01/27/2006 08:21 PM

Author Icon
technic58
Minister of Spare Parts

QUOTE(Meatbun @ Jan 27 2006, 05:07 PM)Hey guys I was wondering if you's could help me.
Last night I tried to do the pencil trick on my Duron 1ghz.

After cleanly scraping off the sticker, I used a mechanical pencil and i'm sure I've connected the joints cleanly...

So after turning on my PC it boots up normally but always before reaching the windows loading screen it just resets itself! Now it will hit the screen asking whether to boot in safe mode or normal etc and will just reset after choosing.

The mobo is a Asus A7V. It actually once or twice manage to load windows and logon, but soon reset itself after logging in.

Perhaps I've smudged the L1 connections? As I did rub in a good amount of lead. Can I erase it and try again?
[right][snapback]607319[/snapback][/right]

Yep, that's the good thing about the pencil trick, ya use a pencil, and pencils are erasable. I did the pencil trick a LONG time ago with my duron 750...good times. I also messed up the first few times...erase and try again. This time try to do it a bit more finely.

-------------------------
My GT430 Is Folding For AMD Team 34106
FOR A GOOD CAUSE---Accepting Donations of New, Used, Working, Nonworking PC Components
Thanks to KLEETUS for his generous donation of components!!
 01/27/2006 08:43 PM

Author Icon
Meatbun

QUOTE(technic58 @ Jan 27 2006, 07:21 PM)Yep, that's the good thing about the pencil trick, ya use a pencil, and pencils are erasable. I did the pencil trick a LONG time ago with my duron 750...good times. I also messed up the first few times...erase and try again. This time try to do it a bit more finely.
[right][snapback]607336[/snapback][/right]

Heyy thanks mate /biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />

So i erased it and tried again..but it still rebooted itself.
Now I tried just erasing it and back to stock and it boots up fine.
I suck at this.

technic, maybe its the lines i'm drawing..too many layers? What do you recommend?
 01/27/2006 08:51 PM

Author Icon
technic58
Minister of Spare Parts

QUOTE(Meatbun @ Jan 27 2006, 05:43 PM)Heyy thanks mate /biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />

So i erased it and tried again..but it still rebooted itself.
Now I tried just erasing it and back to stock and it boots up fine.
I suck at this.

technic, maybe its the lines i'm drawing..too many layers? What do you recommend?
[right][snapback]607359[/snapback][/right]

Well...once again, it's been awhile since I've done it, but I'd say as long as the pencil is SHARP it should be Ok. Also, don't wear the pencil down doing it so that the dust goes everywhere. Make the thin lines, use only enough. I guess it's hard to connect such tiny contacts, so keep trying. I don't think there's much risk to the chip...

-------------------------
My GT430 Is Folding For AMD Team 34106
FOR A GOOD CAUSE---Accepting Donations of New, Used, Working, Nonworking PC Components
Thanks to KLEETUS for his generous donation of components!!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information