Increase font size
Topic Title: temprature & fan speed
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/22/2008 03:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/22/2008 03:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ketanvasu

Dear Concern Person

my system having amd athlon xp 2600+ processor.
when my processor at 54 degree temperature that time my processor fan speed is 1607 rpm can processor working fine
with above fan speed with above temprature?
 12/09/2008 08:36 PM

Author Icon
Grongle

Probably you have no worries below 60 degrees. If you want to add fans, your usual airflow is ENTER LOW at the front, and EXIT HIGH at the rear.

- Keep cables neat and tidy to let the air flow through.
- If you have a drive connected that you never use, remove it.
- Be sure you know where the air enters the case at the front. If there is a carpet that blocks it, set the computer case up an inch or two so it can "breathe".

As a last resort, run it with a side panel removed. This might reduce the heat by 10º. But it is a bad idea, because it lets a lot of dust get in. If you have to do it, though, it works; and you can put a 10" plastic fan right beside the case to keep it cool. Just be warned that this is not recommended at all - it is just something you can do if you have to. (Er - if you don't have a cat.)

-------------------------
Self-built Athlon 64x2 5600+ on Gigabyte GA-MA78Gm-S2H ver 1.1 with 8GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 (as -800). 1.2TB (actual) in 2 x 500GB SATA + 1 x 320 PATA, all Seagates. SATA DVD-RW + PATA CD-RW. Altec Lansing 5.1s. No discrete video card; integrated ATI Radeon HD-3200. LG Flatron W2242TQ 22" LCD. No gaming; very heavy multitasking.
 02/11/2009 10:48 PM

Author Icon
tazwegion

As the processor heats up (towards it's MAX operating temp) random issues will become evident, freezes, lockups or BSODs are not uncommon, personally that fan speed is WAY too low, have you considered some type of aftermarket heatsink/fan upgrade OR even just a fan replacement?

Cleaning the excess build up of dust (dust bunnies) out of the interior of a case will yield benefits too! even the heatsink/fan combo collects dust buildups... some spring cleaning could be in order eh?

08/01/2009 03:08 AM

Author Icon
derek_f

I have previously run at 58-59 degress at one point when my fan was causing problems. Removing the side panel and locating the PC in a cooler area can help cool it down it by 4-5 degress.

User Sig Removed by Moderator
 09/13/2009 11:46 PM

Author Icon
maclorenza

Originally posted by: derek_f

I have previously run at 58-59 degress at one point when my fan was causing problems. Removing the side panel and locating the PC in a cooler area can help cool it down it by 4-5 degress.

Yes, I've tried Removing the side panel and locating the PC in a cooler area

http://program-plc.blogspot.com/
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information