Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD 780G/SB700 SATA Porblems
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/12/2009 03:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/12/2009 03:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Seansmit17

I dont really know where to post this so here seems to be the best place!

Ok.. so when i boot my pc up the green loading bar for vista stops and HD activity stops for about 40 seconds then windows will continue to load with no problems and all seems fine in windows. This is happening on 2 diffrent hard drives.

A Samsung 80Gb SATAII and a ExcelStor 160Gb SATAII

The motherboard is an Abit A-S78H

Here is some more info on whats been happening:

Boot from Vista DVD > Install Windows on 160Gb HDD > Get to Completing installation and it stops > Reboot > Boot from Vista DVD > Install Windows on 160Gb HDD > Install finishes > PC Boots > Set Username etc > Manual Reboot > Vista frezzes for 40ish seconds during boot > Vista boots > Install AMD Chipset Drivers > Reboot > Vista frezzes for 40ish seconds during boot > Vista boots.....

I tryed installing on the 80gb and i get exactly the same results.

So what the fudge is going on?

And to confuse things more this problem dont seem to be happening on my xp install although it does take a while to boot up

Is it a driver issue? A faulty Mobo? A daft setting in the Bios? (1st one of these i had, had a borked sata controller and windows would randomly stop for a min then carry on, event logs indicated a sata controller problem)

I have tryed setting the HDD in the bios as Native IDE, Legacy IDE, RAID and AHCI (Witch its set to atm) but still frezzes at boot

Im at a loss with this one.. I have checked the HDD's and all seem healthy.

I have been trying for the past week to figure out whats wrong with no luch thus far so im hoping some one here as some insight as to what might be wrong

Thanks
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information