AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: SCSI & RAID Controllers - Microsoft Adaptec driver v5.1.2600.5512
Topic Summary: Windows cannot determine the settings for this device (code 34)
Created On: 02/16/2011 12:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
Answer This question was answered by daveandrogan382, on Friday, February 18, 2011 6:15 PM

Answer:
I have been informed that the adapter may have failed, so unless anyone has any information to the contrary I shall take this as the answer.

I have no need for this facility at this time and disabling it has no detrimental affect. If at some time in the future I do require it I shall have to get a technician to test the actual adapter inside the computer.

Thank you reading my post.
 02/16/2011 12:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
daveandrogan382
Lurker

Sorry, but I placed this troubleshooting post in the wrong section (specifications) so that is why it is duplicated here.

I think this is the correct place for it. The other post in Older Processor Info and Specs needs deleting.

There is an error with the configuration of the SCSI & RAID Controller in Device Manager here ...

Microsoft has now blocked my closing this Resources window until the I/O & IRQ forced configuration is set ...

Can you please help me to do this because I am unable to log off Windows until these settings have been set. These settings are for advanced users and I do not have the technical knowledge to do it.
I have included a list of the current IRQ's & I/O's I just need help allocating the correct ranges to the Adaptec Driver.

I have also inserted the original driver floppy which came with the computer and clicked the update button to complete that process. No changes were made.

SCSI & RAID Controllers:
Adaptec AHA-151X / AHA-152X or AIC-6260 / AIC-6360 Host Adaptor (non pnp)

Driver version: version 5.1.2600.5512 Date: 01/07/2001

I also have this event application error logged ...

Faulting application ctsysvol.exe, version 1.4.1.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00985af3.

Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Information

System Resource Information - IRQ's

System Resource Information - I/O's

Edited: 02/16/2011 at 07:55 PM by daveandrogan382
 02/18/2011 06:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
daveandrogan382
Lurker

Answer Answer
I have been informed that the adapter may have failed, so unless anyone has any information to the contrary I shall take this as the answer.

I have no need for this facility at this time and disabling it has no detrimental affect. If at some time in the future I do require it I shall have to get a technician to test the actual adapter inside the computer.

Thank you reading my post.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information