Increase font size
Topic Title: ATI Radeon 9600xt
Topic Summary: Updating drivers beyond stock CD kills video capture
Created On: 06/17/2011 07:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/17/2011 07:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
A31Chris
Lurker

I have an ATI Radeon 9600XT that I use on one of my systems for capturing videos. It seems though that if I go beyond the CATALYST drivers that come on the CD with the card the video capture gets broken. The WDM or somesuch will not work right, or install right. I have tried numerous different ways and still no go. And it seems this is a common problem with this card if you look around on the net.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/foru...e-reboot-t471152.html

Here is another instance of many people with the same problem:

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/...install-register.html

Even installing the latest drivers from the AMD website from 2010 still have this problem. WDM or whatever will not register or install correctly and nothing can see the capture device to use it.

I guess I'm ok with that so long as the original drivers dont go wonky and stop working because so far they work good. I just dare not update them. At all. Does anyone know a cure for this?

The system the setup is on is a Compaq DeskPro EN 733 mhz with Windows XP Home 32bit.

-------------------------
ASUS A8N-SlI Motherboard
Amd Athlon 3800+ CPU.
Nvidia GTS 450
4gb DDR 400 RAM.
 06/19/2011 01:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
A31Chris
Lurker

Upon running the stock ATI driver test, it also informs me that the WDM driver is not enumerated etc. However no conflicts show up in device manager and the card reads video.

-------------------------
ASUS A8N-SlI Motherboard
Amd Athlon 3800+ CPU.
Nvidia GTS 450
4gb DDR 400 RAM.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information