Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD-K6(tm) 3D processer
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/17/2004 12:40 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/17/2004 12:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
pirate

I am trying to upgrade my computer, and I have put in a 120Gb maxtorHD
and 512Mb of ram. I cna't get it to rcognize all 120 gigs of HD. it only recognizes 32GB I have tried all jumper settings as well. when it is going through POST it shows samsong8gig for master and maxtor120gig for slave yet when I go to my computer in the manage mode it only shows 32gb on the slave drive. I am dual booting too by the way windows 98 and also XP pro if any one has any ideas please let me know. One more thing can I up grade the processer from a 333 to a higher one without too much trouble if so what is the highest? is it a hassle? please let me know, thanks. I have never done any thing with AMD's before and am quite in the dark.
 03/17/2004 02:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Greyhound

QUOTE I cna't get it to rcognize all 120 gigs of HD. it only recognizes 32GB I have tried all jumper settings as well. when it is going through POST it shows samsong8gig for master and maxtor120gig for slave yet when I go to my computer in the manage mode it only shows 32gb on the slave drive.
The FAT32 file-system that win98 uses only supports partitions up to 32GB.
You will have to create multiple partitions or use the NTFS file-system(you can't access NTFS-partitions from win98 without additional software, tho).

QUOTE One more thing can I up grade the processer from a 333 to a higher one without too much trouble if so what is the highest? is it a hassle?
It depends on your motherboard what upgrades are available to you.
Post you motherboard's manufacturer and model - if you don't know, use a sysinfo utility like SiSoft Sandra or AIDA32/AIDA16 to identify your motherboard.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

<center><font color=red>MODERATOR</center></font>

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 89W :: Asus M2N32SLI Deluxe :: 2x1024MB Muskin XP2-6400 DDR2-800 :: BeQuiet! Darkpower Pro 530W :: 2x WD Raptor 74GB/10k rpm, RAID 0 :: ATI Radeon X1950XTX
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information