Increase font size
Topic Title: another computer problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/25/2004 06:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/25/2004 06:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dread_pirate_steele

yeah, we just got done solving my sound troubles but im back with one final problem!!

ok so there are three cd drives, ones for burning, ones for playing dvds and the other one is just the basic one. the computer only recognizes the basic one. i looked in the computer and found a missing connection, linked it back up and i got an error after it found the drives. i found the correct thing to download for the cd burner but when it gave a description (it shound have been samsung 208B or something close to that) it was just a ton of jumble. SAME;@#34SASD just basically un-readable stuff, and then when i tried installing anyway but it said the driver did not fit the model so maybe i just have a crappy burner? should i just go for a new one or is there something to do to fix this?

-------------------------
Soyo SY-5EH5 V1.3, VIA ETEQ 82C6638AT / 6629 AGP chipset, Windows98SE
ASound Express ASP003 MA5A
 09/25/2004 06:28 PM

Author Icon
-Milt-

dread_pirate_steele,

You would be wise to just do a 'copy' of your above post, and 'paste' it into your previous thread.
That way, if there is any question about what hardware all these drives are supposed to be working on, the answer is at least in that thread (if you haven't already put that info into your 'sig', as I requested in your other thread).

How do you have all these drives jumpered?
The one sharing the cable with the hard drive should be jumpered as a 'Slave'.
Of the two on the other cable, one should be 'Master', and the other 'Slave'

Here is my new PCChips M848A' ">http://img.photobucket.com/alb...2_T-2-3-3-6-2_M848.jpg v2.1, with a 1700+ @ 2411 MHz, and my trusty old PCChips M810L' ">http://members.lycos.co.uk/mmm...00MHz_Sandra_tests.jpg v7.1A, with a Barton 2500+ @ over 3500+. Some of my fancy cars are on this pag
 09/25/2004 07:04 PM

Author Icon
dread_pirate_steele

ok this will be done. this thread will continue in the 'help! sound issues' or something close to that.

Soyo SY-5EH5 V1.3, VIA ETEQ 82C6638AT / 6629 AGP chipset, Windows98SE
ASound Express ASP003 MA5A
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information