Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD DURON 900MHZ
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/15/2004 10:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/15/2004 10:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
henryfranco

Hello,

I just bought a Belkin OmniView F1d5102u KVM switch. Well, to get to the point one of the computers I'm trying to run it on is not working. The KVM switch mentions that on some computers I must enable USB support on the system BIOS. I'm trying to update my AMD Duron Bios. This is the system information:

Processor x86 Family 6 Model 3 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~902 Mhz

Where can I find the latest BIOS for this processor?

Your Help is always appreciated

henryfranco
 08/15/2004 11:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
-Milt-

Hi Henry... and Welcome to the AMD Forum!

Processors, like your Duron Spitfire 900 do not have a BIOS

But motherboards, (the big PCB board that it's attached to) do have a BIOS.

You will first need to identify your motherboard (mobo), Make, and Model (or 'version' number.
Then, we can help you to track down the proper version of BIOS for your mobo, and you 'flash' a new BIOS to your board.

The actual 'Release Date' of your current BIOS will appear at the top left of your very first P.O.S.T. screen. (P.O.S.T. = Power-On Self-Test)
You can hit the 'Pause' button on your keyboard to halt the boot sequence, and then any key to continue booting.
While it's on 'pause', write down the 'BIOS identifier string' that appears along the bottom of that first POST screen.
That 'string' will help us to identify your mobo.

But that's only necessary IF your current BIOS does not have 'USB Support' already in it.
It probably does, and you simply need to go into your CMOS, (hit 'Del', the moment you hear that first 'beep' on booting up), and change it from 'Disable' to 'Enable'

-------------------------
Here is my new PCChips M848A' ">http://img.photobucket.com/alb...2_T-2-3-3-6-2_M848.jpg v2.1, with a 1700+ @ 2411 MHz, and my trusty old PCChips M810L' ">http://members.lycos.co.uk/mmm...00MHz_Sandra_tests.jpg v7.1A, with a Barton 2500+ @ over 3500+. Some of my fancy cars are on this pag
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information