Increase font size
Topic Title: Win98SE
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/24/2004 11:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/24/2004 11:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SLaY3r

I am trying to install 98SE on my aunt's computer and when I put the disc in it runs thru the setup and says that: There is already a operating system installed and this setup is not designed for it and insert 98 upgrade CD and thats the right CD that I just put in. But when I boot from the disc it says that this setup is desinged for computers w/o operating systems... I can either exit or upgrade... It says that is reccomeded that if u have a OS that u exit this setup but this is the only way I can install Win98SE... What should I do cuz I don't want to skrew her computer up...

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of AMD, OCZ, or ATI
"bv, if Mormons were real, you'd be one" - SDA
 08/28/2004 05:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
technic58
Minister of Spare Parts

well is there som reason that u want to upgrade OS's?

the reason that it sais to exit is because wen u install an upgrade operatin system over an old OS, all personal data that is erased from the hard disk.

after hearin this and u still want to upgrade, make a backup of everything important or that u think worth savin and wen that screen coms up again, click upgrade.

make sure that u hav everything u want to b saved burned on a CD or a floppy.

-------------------------
My GT430 Is Folding For AMD Team 34106
FOR A GOOD CAUSE---Accepting Donations of New, Used, Working, Nonworking PC Components
Thanks to KLEETUS for his generous donation of components!!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information